Airborne Communication Gateway ACG-801
The Airborne Communication Gateway ACG-801 is a multi-functional voice and data communication gateway system, specifically designed and tested to conform to the requirements of on-aircraft operation.
It provides all necessary LAN and WAN interfaces to enable multiple on-board users to access the full complement of voice and data services provided by the INMARSAT Aeronautical Satcom Swift64, Swift Broadband, Iridium Aero Satcom and AirCell terrestrial broadband air-to-ground communication links.
At its core, a pair of high performance 1.6GHz Intel Atom microprocessors, with 1GB memory, provide separate but integrated platforms for high end network routing operations, full featured IP PBX functions and custom applications processing. The innovative hardware platform architecture provides the flexibility of supporting different combinations of custom applications, resulting in a wide range of operational functions and features. The selection of network interfaces, which include ARINC-429 Tx/Rx, ISDN BRI S/T, 10/100/1000Base-T Ethernet, USB, RS-232 Serial and POTS FXO, FXS also reflects flexibility and scope of the networks that are supported.
The users may access the air-to-ground network using wired Ethernet or Wi-Fi wireless interfaces with their Laptop PCs, PDAs or smart phones and BlackBerry devices. They can then browse the Internet, log on to their own corporate networks, send and receive email or video conference, while making or receiving multiple voice calls at the same time.
Network Routing and Full Featured IP-PBX
- 10/100/1000 Base-T Ethernet
- NAT, DHCP, VLANs, STP, RIP, SNMP (MIB), MLPPPoE, PAP, CHAP, VPN
- SIP, IAX-2, SRTP, QoS, CODECS:G-711, G-723, Speex, iLbc, POTS: FXO & FXS
- Discrete TTL I/O
- Aviation bus interfaces â€“ RS-232, ARINC 429 Tx/Rx, CEPT
- Network Interfaces, sub-system status monitoring & reporting.
- Integrated b/g/a/n Wi-Fi AP, WPA2, EAP, Programmable RF transmit power.
- Network Security controlled network access, e.g. HotSpot
- Integrated IP and Store-Forward FAX
- Individual user or per service access – billing capability
Inmarsat & Iridium Satellite and AirCell Broadband Access
- Swift 64 ISDN BRI S/T circuit switched services
- Swift Broadband IP based services
- Iridium circuit switched voice & data
- AirCell EVDO broadband
Provisions for Enhanced Optional Configurations
- Data Compression & Bandwidth Optimization
- Integrated GSM Femto Cell (future- option)
Easy Web GUI for System Config. & Maint.
- Updates Router & IP Telephony configuration.
- Updates via USB interface
T E C H N I C A L
S P E C I F I C A T I O N S
Rear Connector: QTY.
Ethernet (10/100/100 Base-T) WAN : 5
Ethernet (10/100/100 Base-T) LAN : 5
Serial Bus RS-232 : 4
ARINC 429 Tx/Rx : 2/2
USB : 2
CEPT E1 : 2
BRI S/T : 2
2-Wire POTS – FXO : 2
2-Wire POTS – FXS : 2
Wi-Fi RF : 2
Discretes Prog. TTL I/O : 8
Front Maintenance Connector:
USB Configuration Updates : 2
Ethernet Maintenance Access : 1
Front Panel LED Status Indicators: 7
Processor : Dual – Intel Atom 1.6GHz
OS : Linux
Memory : 1 GB each processor
Flash : 4 GB – expandable
Input power : 28 VDC
Power Consmp. : < 2.0Amps., 50 watts Max.
Interrupt hold : > 200ms.
Small size : 2-MCU (2.25″ x 7.7″ x 12.59″)
Light weight : < 5.5 lbs. (~ 2.5kg.)
Cooling : ARINC 600 Compliant
Airworthy Qual. : RTCA DO-160E
1 year parts and labor